WE LOVE OUR FRIENDS!
The Friends of the Tuftonboro Library
support library services and resources in many ways:
- Books Honoring Newborns - The Friends purchase a new children's book in honor of each child born in Tuftonboro. A bookplate commemorating the child's birthday is placed in the book, and the parents receive a letter notifying them of this gift, along with the child's first library card.
- Museum Passes - The Friends fund passes for either free or reduced admission to area musuems and attractions. Passes are available at the Circulation Desk, and can be reserved and checked out in advance of your visit. For a complete list of the passes provided, please Click Here.
- Annual Meeting - The Friends sponsor a free public program each year in conjunction with their Annual Meeting. Programs feature a New Hampshire author, entertainer, or expert in some facet of NH life. A free lunch (or breakfast) is also provided.
- Holiday Festivities - As part of a long-standing tradition, the Friends host the annual Tree Lighting, Carol Sing-A-Long, and dramatic retelling of the holiday classic The Polar Express. Carols are sung, treats are provided, and good cheer is shared by all.
- Special Purchases - As part of an annual Wish List, the Friends purchase special items that are needed and/or desired by the library. The most recent donation was a STEM table for special Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics activities.
To join the Friends, please pick up a membership application at the Library, and leave the
completed form and payment with the staff at the Circulation Desk to pass along to the Friends.
THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND!
|Julie Langer||Recording Secretary|
|Barbara Widmer||Membership Secretary|