Volunteer Opportunities at TFL
1. Friends of the Library Book & Bake Sale -- This annual event is always held the first Friday and Saturday after the 4th of July, at the Tuftonboro Central School. Every year, the Friends recruit a team of volunteers to help out with every aspect of the sale, from setup and moving books to baking, sales assistance, and cleanup. For more information about how you can help with this year's sale, contact Christie or Lindalee at 569-4256, or email us.
2. Story Hour Crafts Aide -- If you like to play with preschool kids and glitter, we can use your help on Wednesday mornings throughout the school year. We have a large story hour group and not enough adults to assist with googly eyes and scissors. If you're interested, give Christie or Lindalee a call at 569-4256 or email us. THIS VOLUNTEER POSITION CURRENTLY FILLED.
3. Puppet Patrol -- Our collection of well-loved hand puppets needs an occasional bath. Will you take a bagful home to toss in your gentle cycle? We'll supply the Dreft!
4. Just Desserts -- We're looking for a few good bakers (or buyers...) to provide a sweet ending for our winter Book & Author Lunch series, held on the 4th Saturday of the month from January through April. For each program, we need 4 dozen cookies and a couple of dozen apples or clementines. If you can help out, please email or call Christie or Lindalee at 569-4256 to let us know which program you'd like to sign up for, and what you can provide -- there can be more than one volunteer for each program. CURRENTLY NEEDED FOR FEBRUARY, MARCH, & APRIL, 2015 BOOK & AUTHOR LUNCHEONS.
5. Other Opportunities -- If you're interested in other library volunteer opportunities, short- or long-term, stop by and fill out a volunteer application.