Volunteer Opportunities at TFL
1. Friends of the Library Fundraisers -- Every year, the Friends recruit a team of volunteers to help out with every aspect of the year's fundraiser, from setup to site assistance and cleanup. For more information about how you can help with this year's event, contact FOL President, Natalie Hebden: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Story Hour Crafts Aide -- If you like to play with preschool kids and glitter, we can use your help on Thursday mornings throughout the school year. We have a large story hour group and not enough adults to assist with googly eyes and scissors. If you're interested, give Christie a call at 569-4256 or email. THIS VOLUNTEER POSITION CURRENTLY FILLED.
3. Puppet/LEGO Patrol -- Our collection of well-loved hand puppets needs an occasional bath. Will you take a bagful home to toss in your gentle cycle? We'll supply the Dreft! Our tubful of LEGOs also require a cycle in the dishwasher a couple of times a year. We'll supply the mesh zipper bags and the detergent -- phosphate-free, of course!
4. Just Desserts -- We're looking for a few good bakers (or buyers...) to provide a sweet ending for our winter Book & Author Lunch series, held (usually!) on the 3rd Saturday of the month from January through April. For each program, we need 4 dozen cookies and a couple of dozen apples or clementines. If you can help out, please email or call Christie at 569-4256 to let her know which program you'd like to sign up for, and what you can provide -- there can be more than one volunteer for each program. CURRENTLY NEEDED FOR APRIL 29, 2017 BOOK & AUTHOR LUNCHEON.
5. Other Opportunities -- If you're interested in other library volunteer opportunities, short- or long-term, stop by and fill out a volunteer application. Please note that a background check and drug test may be required for the Story Hour Crafts Aide.